Sunday, July 1, 2012

On the tram to the Amsterdam plane.
It's been an absolutely epic day of traveling ... haven't slept since I left!  Planes were good, especially the long one, but trains were very confusing for me.  I am very glad I did as much research as I did before I left, and now I know ever so slightly better what to do.  But, there weren't any ticket agents or official people around at the first station (from the airport), and everything was in German.  That got ever so slightly scary for a minute, but I found a very nice woman who spoke a little English and was willing to help me know what to do.  She had to get off before me, and I was going to follow her, but she let me know that my stop was later and to "sit!  And, stay!"  ... haha.

It was not any easier for me at my next stop for the same reasons, until I finally figured out where I was supposed to go in order to board the next train, I ran because I thought I would miss, only to get onto the wrong train.  The train person let me know how to connect to get to Vienna, but it wasn't that way at all once I needed to actually make that connection ... there, I followed another couple who kindly seemed to wish for my success, and even helped with my luggage when needed.  Then I shared a car with somebody and we had a great conversation, but I was starting to get pretty tired towards the end.  I got a cab, got to my hotel, settled for some moments, and then went outside to try to get some food before I go to sleep for the evening.  There, I bumped into the same person I had sat next to in the car on the train awhile before.  I think that's funny!

Well, it's not really hit me that I'm here yet, I'm not positive what time zone I'm on, but I can tell I need some sleep!  So, it's off to sleepyville for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment