Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wrapping up Vienna

I had really wanted to wrap up Vienna before I left, but things just went so fast that I didn't get the chance.  So, here I will aim to wrap it up so I can move on to posting about Völs am Schlern, Italy!  The second day I was there, I felt exhausted from constantly decoding the language, especially as a simple means for trying to get around - and my main point in being there was to be getting around and seeing specific places.  That's when I went back to Stephansdom and found a nice calm.  After that, I found myself being willing to wander for fun, and I would see an interesting building and walk towards it, which would lead to something else that was interesting, until I found myself completely enthralled with just walking while looking at structures.  It was absolutely amazing, and I finally felt more free to just enjoy myself, rather than worrying about trying to get somewhere, and that being such a chore for me.  Instead, I was just walking and loving what I saw.  I basically just wandered into this area by chance and couldn't believe the architecture and art.  I also think it's a cool way to catch a glimpse of the sounds and basic buzz of the town:



A closer look at that sculpture:



More interesting structures and artwork:



No comments:

Post a Comment