Sunday, July 1, 2012




Guten Morgen!  I had about 4 or 5 hours sleep, which is apparently going to be enough for me today.  I was grateful for that.  I woke to the sounds around me, and they energized me to fully wake and I couldn't help feeling excited about the day ahead.  It was still early so I laid in bed for a bit, and I looked out my window to take this little video of what I was waking to, as well.  I lay there for a bit, but I just got such an inspiration about the music of the town, the history of the town, and became eager to start taking it all in.  After a certain point, I simply found myself getting up and getting fully dressed and ready for the day.  I have a lot to see today and as yesterday I couldn't quite wrap myself around the fact that I'm actually here, this morning brought that sense of realization for me, and I went outside around 6am and just walked around my neighborhood for about an hour, until breakfast was being served.

Today I aim to go on an Introduction to Composers walk - which involves a lot of walking, of course, but also quite a few connections via public transportation.  I forgot to bring the printed information about the walk itself, which I had printed out months ago, but I'm hopeful to somehow find that information again at a tour office, or that my hotel will allow me to print it off here.  AND, I'm hopeful that I will find my way back to my hotel ... hee hee.  I figure, if worst comes to worst, I'll have to get a taxi and they can find my way back!  A person who I shared a small train box with yesterday, told me about a free Opera show that happens every evening ... I may try to find that this evening.  We'll see!

Some items found at breakfast this morning (they also served (and I partook of) cakes ... yikes!):

Some meats, cheeses ... and pickles!


My sugar options ... hmm

No comments:

Post a Comment