Saturday, June 30, 2012

I had an image to upload, but can't seem to do that from only my phone at the time. I've taken my first, short flight from Medford to Portland, and I have a little time in Portland before heading to Amsterdam next. It was tear-jerking to part and I felt a bit overcome on the way to the airport that it was all really happening and that I'd be taking the first step in so little time. But, I felt myself relax into the journey as I sat on the plane, waiting to leave, and then moreso about 10 or 15 minutes in. It's a bit scary and there's a large element of feeling the unknown, but I realized again that this is what I've felt called to do, I've been preparing for it as a person (and as a musician) for years, and I've even felt a sense of pregnancy with the need for this stored growth to be utilized more fully. Basically, I realized, I could either be doing this (and overcoming the fear, and growing) or just not doing it - and I know what that latter one feels like.

I emptied about 15 lbs from my one suitcase at check in; we opened it up and put items on the scale to see how much I was taking out. The woman was extremely helpful and genuinely kind, and even commented about feeling happy for me to be stepping out like this. Thank you to all :).

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling and would like to relive it again. As a young man of 18 I took my 1st short flight, embarking on a journey which would hopefully lead me to meet a great man. "tear-jerking moments" are wonderful moments as it gives you a better insight of yourself through your reactions! :-))

    It is a good sign and start that even if you were asked to leave behind 15 pounds of excess baggage? which could be an unnerving experience after all the planning ... it turned out to be even pleasant, thanks to the considerate airport personnel.

    Have lots of fun in your "pilgrimage"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in Amsterdam by now!

    Totally awesome!

    Can't wait to hear how it is over there.
    The gangs all here wishing you well.
    You are one brave lady!

    Hugs :0)

    Little tune

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Karli!

    May the Lord watch over you on your travels as we hold you gently in our prayers.

    First Church of Christ, Scientist
    Ashland, Oregon

    ReplyDelete